Friday 19 December 2008

Almaty

My sleeping cycles have pretty much sorted themselves out. I sleep 7-8 hours each night and generally wake up and sleep at the same time every day now. Great stuff you might be thinking. Or alternatively you might just not care. IMHO, I think consistent sleeping patterns aren't a bad thing and mine have been highly consistent. Great if I lived in Almaty. That's right. Almaty, Kazakhstan. Hey Borat.

Living in a place that uses GMT +10 (and add another for daylight savings or good measure, whichever you please) and sleeping from 4am to 12 noon means that in the good old Almaty time zone of GMT +6, I sleep at 11pm every night and arise at 7am fresh as a daisy.

Now if only everyone else around here adjusted their sleeping patterns to match Almaty's, all would be well for me. Shops would be open later, we would all eat at the same time, life would be just peachy.

Until I end up screwing myself over again and sleeping at 11pm Khartoum time.

No comments: