Sunday 28 November 2010

Neckie the giraffe

Now my previous post about soft fill was probably a bit mysterious, but all for a good reason. I was making a surprise for Frannie for her birthday! Seeing as she reads this blog regularly I didn't want to give the game away.

I had already gotten her a copy of the super awesome Zakka Sewing craft book but if time permitted I was going to try to make up a Mrs Perkins giraffe for her since I really didn't want her stealing mine.

It was a bit of a mad rush - and gee those horns always get me - but I made it!

Girl or boy? Hmmm...

I wasn't sure if the giraffe was going to be a boy or a girl so I picked fairly neutral colours - beige with a light white pattern for the body and a very pale turquoise for the feet and horns.

Matchy-matchy

Can you see a bit of a colour theme happening with the wrapping paper? I've never felt quite so coordinated ;)

I added a bit of the matching ribbon around the giraffe neck (gifts should be at least partially wrapped don't you think? heehee) and we were ready to go.

After a rather lovely meal at Maze (thanks again Frannie!) the gifts were opened.

Hurrah! New friends!

Coined with the apt name of Neckie, it was decided that she was a female giraffe. Although it wasn't my intention, Ray pointed out that Neckie was really channelling Tiffany & Co, what with her (almost) duck egg blue ribbon and mane colouring.

What can I say? The girl has high standards ;)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRANNIE! x

***EDIT - click here if you want to see how Neckie is settling in to her new home***

5 comments:

mallymoodle said...

Hai Neckie!!!

Pooey said...

I'm happy to report that Neckie has settled in nicely and made friends with Totoro.

I'm so glad (for you) that I didn't have to come over and steal your Mrs. Perkins.

Fanks Suboo!

SuBoo said...

No worries Frannie - I'm glad you didn't have to steal Mrs Perkins either :P

Totoro... I still can't figure out what kind of animal it is...

Unknown said...

OMG that is sooo coool!!!!

omg i'm sooo jealous!

guess what! i ordered and also own zakka sewing!!! KEKEKEKEK...er..as to WHEN i get to use it remains a freakin mystery!

frannie have you used it y;et?

Pooey said...

Mich - nup I havent started using it yet. It is sitting next to my copy of Cath Kidston's Sew. I have no access to a sewing machine in Rad-City and err at the moment I dont really have time anyway!

One day, one day I will having a sewing/craft/knitting room.

Word verification - keropol... like keropi!!