Wednesday 6 June 2012

Stylish Dress Book - but better!

Woohooo! How lucky am I - I got an early birthday present from my good buddy Kaz Kaz and amongst all the goodies was a present wrapped in an old sewing pattern and a Tessuti ribbon. I guess it was a Japanese pattern book and I wasn't wrong - unwrapping it revealed a familiar figure of the scrawny Japanese model at the front of the Stylish Dress Book.

"I have this one, but thanks it was so thoughtful!" was my immediate reaction, but then I realised that this one was in English! ENGLISH I say!


Now I knew that it had been published in English (thanks Penguin for being the first to translate this one) but seeing as I had the Japanese one in my possession already I wasn't going to go out and buy it for myself but boy-o-boy am I a happy camper! Now I actually know the name of the author! How stupid does that sound - but seriously, not being able to read Japanese meant that I missed out on details like that - who knows what else I've been missing out on by just squinting at the line drawings and ignoring the written instructions...

I think I will need to have a bash at something from this very soon to see if the English helps a bit more :)

*happy* :D

2 comments:

mallymoodle said...

YAY!!!

But also, YAY that you posted again!

SuBoo said...

haha yes I posted... let's see if I keep it up though...