Friday 20 March 2009

An outfit for S (Butterick B4701)

I have given up a little on making things for myself. With my body not being a perfect match to pattern sizes, I get a little impatient when I make something and then have to alter/tweak it, so I am giving myself a break and am instead making a dress for my niece, Princess S. The way I see it, kids generally either fit into clothes or grow into them eventually. No lumps and bumps to worry about.

I bought this pattern awhile ago - it looks simple enough and quite pretty for a little girl.



There doesn't seem to be a huge difference between the 2 dresses - the design diagram below just shows that one is gathered and the other is just cut as an A-line skirt.

I've bought some bright pink cotton with an embroidered black border edging - I plan on using this edging as the bottom of the dress rather than hemming it - and due to not having a huge amount of it on hand, I'm going to go for View B.



I'm also going to use white cotton to line the inside rather than the pink. Hope to get this done by the end of the weekend.

No comments: