Monday 27 April 2009

Back!!

Finally back to blogging after several weeks of blog neglect. Lots has happened but unfortunately no craftiness (the good kind!) on my part. I have been busy busy busy with a bunch of things, most importantly that one of my dearest friends just got married! I was lucky enough to be asked to be a bridesmaid - I felt SO honoured - and so was busy with the other bridesmaids planning the hen's weekend and working with the bridal party to make the day as great as we could.



The big day took place on Saturday - the bride looked stunning, the weather held up and a good time was had by all so I think mission accomplished and credit to everyone involved!

Now that I am settling back down to normalcy (my feet still hurt from wearing those stupid shoes for almost 24 hours) I am slightly aghast at how little I have done with regards to my to-do list! Some might say that the whole point of making the list is to ignore it, but I have to disagree in this instance since I am so far behinds schedule!

I have reproduced the list below:

1. Putting in an elastic waist on a pair of PJ pants
2. Hemming up some baby PJ pants
3. Enlarging another pair of PJ pants I made (I didn't have the person's measurements so I guessed - and guessed very wrongly!)
4. Hemming up a pleated wool skirt for a friend (my first alteration on fine wool - so will need to be very careful with it)
5. Making a nappy bag (Butterick B4560)
6. Finishing up the blue silk dress/top once I decide what I want to do with it.
7. Re-pleating my yellow polka-dot top
8. Pulling apart and remeasuring my summer maxi dress (which most likely won't be worn for months as it is getting nearer to winter now)
9. Making a dress for my friend Charlie's birthday - we picked the Butterick B5176 pattern after a lot of umm-ing and ahh-ing.

As a look through it it is pretty obvious that it's the big things that I have done nothing about *sob* so I think it is time to get moving again. On the upside, I haven't had time to go shopping for fabric to add to my ever growing stash *hurrah*

In terms of priority - item number 9 has a deadline in a few days so I may have to beg for a bit of an extension - hopefully there won't be any disappointment with the final result. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

finessence said...

You go girl, looking forward to the results.