Wednesday 29 June 2011

Cyber Clean to the Rescue!

We were wandering the Hong Kong streets and checking out the local neighbourhood when we came across a poky little electronics store that seemed to sell a bit of this and a bit of that. After having a nose around and deciding there was nothing there for us, upon exiting I spied something on the front counter that intrigued me. Cyber Clean - the High-Tech Cleaning Compound that catches dirt and kills germs!

Just like food, it comes in a variety of 'flavours', Citrus (yellow for the home and office), Mint (dark blue for car use - I suspect it's exactly the same as yellow but it's a more 'manly' colour) and of course, like most things in Hong Kong, it comes in a Strawberry Hello Kitty version (bright pink).

I really couldn't go past that one so I purchase a pack of Citrus-y goodness and headed home to see how gross my laptop keyboard was. To be honest, I was expecting a bit of grot - this laptop was the one I had purchased many moons ago that had a defect in the casing. Unbeknownst to me at the time of purchase, there was a high probabilty of the casing cracking when I closed my laptop. I found that out while I was overseas and so my laptop wasn't closed for a good 3-4 months. You can imagine the amount of dust that was settling on it!

Here are the before and after shots:

Shiny and fresh out of the packet


Now a bit gross

I have to say that Cyber Clean worked a treat! Yes the after shot show a fair bit of expected grot, but it really does get into the grooves of the keyboard.

I didn't take any photos of the actual cleaning, but for proof there seem to be a gazillion videos up on YouTube - check out Cyber Clean TV World, or just their website for basic instructions.

It really is all kinds of useful - and I've just seen that the range has expanded to include a super pale green (hypo-allergenic) variety. No idea what it smells like so if you're unsure I'd highly recommend the Citrus - effective AND fun. Win-win!

Oh and Cyber Clean sounds like a cartoon superhero name - I couldn't help myself with the title of this post... :)

No comments: