Sunday 12 April 2009

Results and plans

The results are in - a whopping 79% voted for the pleated option for the top I blogged about in my last post, so that is going to be added to my sewing to-do list!

Thanks everyone who voted and commented :)

Speaking of to-do lists - mine is really building up and I think I need to get organised. Since I get easily distracted and work in spurts, I have a few things that have been pushed to the side the excitement of starting a new project and they tend to get forgotten about - so I've decided to make a list to refer to and keep a record of what I have completed here on the off-chance that I will feel a bit more accountable for finishing what I have started!
Sewing To-Do List (in no particular order)
1. Putting in an elastic waist on a pair of PJ pants
2. Hemming up some baby PJ pants
3. Enlarging another pair of PJ pants I made (I didn't have the person's measurements so I guessed - and guessed very wrongly!)
4. Hemming up a pleated wool skirt for a friend (my first alteration on fine wool - so will need to be very careful with it)
5. Making a nappy bag (Butterick B4560)
6. Finishing up the blue silk dress/top once I decide what I want to do with it.
7. Re-pleating my yellow polka-dot top
8. Pulling apart and remeasuring my summer maxi dress (which most likely won't be worn for months as it is getting nearer to winter now)
9. Making a dress for my friend Charlie's birthday - we picked the Butterick B5176 pattern after a lot of umm-ing and ahh-ing.

As you can see it is a bit of a list with some items a lot bigger than others. Hopefully ticking off each item on the list as I go will be satisfying enough to keep me going!

No comments: