Saturday 11 August 2012

My Tiny Pocket Tank - finally

Work has been kind of ridiculous, which has resulted in minimal crafty goodness. Unfortunately the lack of sewing probably just compounded the general feeling of not-quite-rightness, so I decided to put it right and temporarily borrow a machine for the new place.

There isn't an ideal place for the machine here quite as yet so I've been making do an a bar stool at a kitchen table. The result? A backache, a tiny pocket tank and a huge level of satisfaction that I've finally made something *nod*

Tiny pocket tank - the trial
This is what people tend to call a wearable muslin - I just wanted to see how this as to sew up and I thought I'd use some nice material to test things out. It's turned out well and I got a compliment on it just the other night!

Overall I'm pretty happy (the print is so forgiving!) but my binding could be much improved. I think I'll need to make the next one a size smaller - this just seems a touch big for me. Hopefully by then I have a little crafting corner with my own machine and table *fingers crossed*

4 comments:

Pooey said...

Noice Suboo! Where is your new crafty corner? Fill me in when we meet next!

SuBoo said...

Thanks Pooey! Yes definitely :)

Anonymous said...

cute! I love the little pocket. I've made two versions, but haven't made one with an actual tiny pocket. I really like the funky fabric you choose as well.

random compliments are the best!

SuBoo said...

Thanks sarahdudik! The pocket does add a little something to it and it's easier to do than the bindings (for me anyway - it takes me quite awhile to get those right!)

Got another one in the works - trying out a more dressed up version this time :)